BASIC AIRWAY TEACHING AND LEARNING PACKAGE
Dr Shamil Tanna – GAPS Simulation Fellow & Anaesthetic Trainee
You have now enrolled onto the teacher page for the mobile airway learning and teaching package. Please kindly find everything below in the following order to ensure smooth delivery of the mobile airway teaching and learning package. .
- Choose an appropriate date to deliver mobile airway practical teaching
- Advertise Airway Poster on ward/ send email to highlight course to potential students
- Once students have been identified please email or provide students with the GAPS mobile basic airway teaching resource page located: https://gapssimulation.com/mobile-basic-airway-teaching-and-learning-package/
- Liaise with GAPS simulation team (GAPS: 02087251119) or local hospital simulation team to organise a mobile airway trolley (See Resources for list of necessary equipment)
Please ensure online learning material prior to practical session attendance has been provided (highlighted in bold below).
Student Online Learning Material
- Pre course Questionnaire
- Basic Airway Management – University of South Wales https://youtu.be/rOJqWt-GhKA
- Airway Management With Simple Adjuncts – Oxford Medical Education https://youtu.be/U4FrtssdyEQ
- i-gel® supraglottic airway – Intersurgical https://youtu.be/ae1Yr0fbz98
Conduct practical session explaining:
- How to assess for a patent airway
- Simple airway manoeuvres to open an airway
- Insertion of oropharyngeal airway
- Insertion of nasopharyngeal airways
- Insertion of i-gel LMAs.
- Use of a Bag Valve Mask to ventilate a patient
Please document attendance using Attendance Register
Once practical session is completed please ensure that candidates complete the
- Post Knowledge Quiz (Answers)
- Feedback form In order to be issued with a certificate all three forms are required to be completed.
Please kindly complete Teacher Feedback form – https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/MobileAirwayTeacher
Please find the Certificate Of Attendance for the mobile basic airway package