Ward Orientated Manikin Based Action Training
At St George’s Advanced Patient Simulation & Skills Centre,
the technicians and simulation specialists provide bespoke training for Clinical Educators in the trust to use Simulation & Skills Equipment to supplement their local teaching programmes.
See below options available before clicking above link for loan request
Available Part-Task Trainers / Models
- Adult Airway Head (for ET and Trachy tubes)
- Child Airway Head (for ET and Trachy tubes)
- Airway Management Trainer (Airway Head with firmer lungs, for use with ventilators)
- Paracentesis Trainer (for ascetic tap)
- Chest Drain & Needle Decompression Trainer
- Lumbar Puncture Model
- Central Venous Catheter Insertion Simulator
- Birthing Simulator – PROMPT (PRactical Obstetric Multi-Professional Training)
- Knee Aspiration & Injection Trainer
- Hungry Manikin Model
- Resus Annie
- EZ IO Trainer
- Venipuncture Arm
- Blue Phantom™ Regional Anesthesia Ultrasound Training Block Model
- EES Endo-Surgery Box Trainer (portable laparoscopic trainer)
The Mobile Manikin Family
A novel and innovative Train the Trainer Programme provides staff with the skills to “Take it out of the box and turn it on” and design and deliver their own in-situ, mobile simulation scenarios for their local teams. Born out of the WOMBATS programmes that first took simulation into clinical areas, Practice Nurse Educators and Senior Doctors now use Simulation as a teaching tool, independent of the Simulation Team, exposing many more staff to the rich learning opportunities that technology can bring.
“Simulation Technologies help to supplement the induction and introduction of staff to environments and equipment around the hospital, development of new policies and procedures, and also to help teams to anticipate future problems or challenges in emergencies in their own environment”.
Gary Allen, Senior Technician & Engineer (Operating Department Practitioner)
You must be logged in to post a comment.