Assignment 1: Written Essay
Submission Date for Written Assignment: 11th Dec 2018
The purpose of the written assignment is to
“Analyse an aspect of patient care you have delivered in critical care – with reference to current literature”
- Describe one aspect of care you have delivered to one patient (maintaining confidentiality).
- Provide rationale for your choice with reference to patient data & contemporary critical care evidence base
- Appraise the care you delivered to the patient with reference to patient data & relevant literature
- Critically evaluate the outcomes of the care that you delivered.
- Identify how your own practice will develop . If appropriate, make recommendations for improvements of systems or processes on your ICU.
Word limit: 2000 words
Written feedback will be provided on the following areas:
- Topic & patient clearly identified.
- Rationale for choice of topic included in introduction & supported by patient data & relevant literature
- Actions clearly & accurately appraised with reference to contemporary literature.
- Demonstrates understanding of key practice principles & literature
- Outcomes clearly evaluated & supported by balanced discussion of evidence base.
- Relevant recommendations for individual and/or group practice development
- Structure clear introduction, main body and conclusion and logical flow
- Clear & sustained arguments
- Attention to grammar, spelling and proof reading
- For help writing in academic English please visit: https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/english-for-study-intermediate?
- Harvard referencing system adhered to (Pears, R. and Shields, G. (2013) Cite them right: The essential referencing guide. (9th) Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan
- Confidentiality maintained at all times
- Word limit, title page as specified, self-assessment checklist included with submission (see page 7)
Assignment 2: Practice Competencies
- Submission date for Practice Competencies Review: 11th Dec 2018
- Final Submission date for Practice Competencies:11th Sept 2019
Practice Competencies to be assessed by the participant’s clinical practice area.
The following documents need to be submitted on the date below for review:
- The National Competency Framework for Adult Critical Care Nurses – Step 1 http://www.cc3n.org.uk/competency-framework/4577977310.
- St George’s University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Core Nursing Competency Profile (for those staff employed by St George’s University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust)