“To strengthen communication skills of new nurses to the Trust
through small group discussions, simulation exercises,
feedback and workshops”.
- To support positive work acclimatisation for newly employed non locally trained staff
- To improve engagement with Trust mission and values and improve staff retention
- To provide enriching opportunities for cultural and linguistic socialisation
- To design, develop and pilot a modular acclimatisation package which integrates with current programmes to develop hospital system knowledge, communication competency and safety culture awareness for international staff
- To produce a variety of simulation-based training (SBT) scenarios which reflect specific patient pathways.
- To strengthen learning and acclimatisation with systematic (peer) feedback
If you are an oversea’s trained Doctor and are interested in making this course an interprofessional learning opportunity, then please contact the Sim Centre: